Convocation 2012, Information for Graduating Students
EWU(RO)31/12-80(1117) 14 February 2012
Please refer to your application for Graduation.
After reviewing your graduation application, we are pleased to inform you that you have fulfilled the degree requirements and are eligible for attending the Convocation, to be held on Tuesday, 06 March 2012 at East West University Permanent Campus at Aftabnagar (approximately 100 yards north of Rampura Bridge at the eastern side of the Progati Sarani (Biswa Road) near BTV Bhaban).
To help you make this day successful and memorable we are requesting you to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- In accordance with SSC/O Level certificate the exact spelling of your name will appear on your Degree Certificate to be issued by this University. So please check your CGPA and spelling of your name shown above. If there is any mistake please inform Registrar’s Office within 19 February 2012.
- The name of Graduates who have earned Academic Awards (Summa Cum laude/Magna Cum Laude/Cum Laude/Gold Medal), will appear in the Convocation Brochure. The recipients of awards are requested to verify the correctness of their names and other information as mentioned above. If there is any mistake please inform Registrar’s Office within 19 February 2012.
- Please collect your Convocation Gown from the 2nd floor of Admin Buildingbetween 26 February 2012 and 03 March 2012 (except Friday) from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. showing your ID card.
- Please collect the Invitation Cards of the Convocation Ceremony for you and your parents, from the Admission Office within 26 February 2012 to 03 March 2012(except Friday) from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. showing your ID card.
- Parents are requested to take their seats at the Convocation Venue latest by 10:00 am. on 06 March 2012 (on the day of Convocation).
- Please attend the rehearsal for the Convocation on Monday, 05 March 2012 at9:00 am. at East West University Permanent Campus at Aftabnagar (approximately 100 yards north of Rampura Bridge at the eastern side of the Progati Sarani (Biswa Road) near BTV Bhaban). The rehearsal will commence with a formal briefing. Attendance in the rehearsal is compulsory for all graduating students.
- On the day of Convocation (06 March 2012) you must be present at EastWest University Permanent Campus by 8:30 am at the latest. Convocation Procession will be formed by 9:00 am.
- As advised by the SSF and other National Security Agencies, due to security reasons, you are requested not to bring any briefcase, handbag, cellular phones, camera or any thing electronic or metallic. This guideline is also applicable for the parents attending the convocation.
- We have a contract with a Professional Photography Studio to take the photographs of the Convocation Ceremony so that you can get photographs from that studio on payment.
- You are requested not to bring any one else other than the invitees in the Convocation Ceremony. You are advised to follow the above instructions to avoid any embarrassment.
Following dress code is to be followed by the male students for attending the Convocation Ceremony:
- a) White or Off-white full sleeve shirt with necktie. T-shirt or Polo shirt is not acceptable. The color of the trouser should preferably be dark. Jeans are discouraged. Coat/Blazer inside the gown is discouraged to avoid inconvenience.
- b) Black color Oxford Leather Shoes are to be put on. Sandal shoes or Sneakers are not acceptable.
Colonel Shah Murtoza Ali (Retd)