Convocation 2014, Information for Graduating Students
EWU(RO)31/14-88 03 February 2014
Please refer to your application for Graduation.
After reviewing your graduation application, we are pleased to inform you that you have fulfilled the degree requirements and are eligible for attending the 13th Convocation, to be held on Monday, 24 February 2014 at East West University, Aftabnagar, Dhaka.
To help you make this day successful and memorable we are requesting you to follow the instructions mentioned below:
1. In accordance with SSC/O Level certificate the exact spelling of your name will appear on your Degree Certificate to be issued by this University. So, please check your CGPA and the spelling of your name shown above. If there is any mistake please inform the Registrar’s Office within 11 February 2014.
2. The name of Graduates who have earned Academic Awards (Gold Medal/Summa Cum Laude/Magna Cum Laude/Cum Laude), will appear in the Convocation Brochure. The recipients of awards are requested to verify the correctness of the information as mentioned above. If there is any mistake, please inform Registrar’s Office within 11 February 2014.
3. Please collect your Convocation Gown from the Ground Floor (Room # 121) of the University between 11 February 2014 and 17 February 2014 (except Friday)from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. showing your ID card.
4. Please collect the Invitation Cards of the Convocation Ceremony for you and your parents (Father and Mother), from the Admission Office (1st Floor, Room # 257) between 11 February 2014 and 17 February 2014 (except Friday) from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. showing your ID card.
5. Parents are requested to take their seats at the Convocation Venue latest by 10:00 a.m. on Monday, 24 February 2014 (on the day of the Convocation).
6. Please attend the rehearsal for the Convocation on Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at East West University. The rehearsal will commence with a formal briefing. Attendance in the rehearsal is compulsory for all graduating students.
7. On the day of Convocation (24 February 2014) you must be present at East West University by 8:30 a.m. at the latest. Convocation Procession will be formed by 8:45 a.m.
8 Due to security reasons, you are requested not to bring any briefcase, handbag, electronic accessories etc. This guideline is also applicable for the parents attending the convocation.
Page 1 of 2
9. We have a contract with a Professional Photography Studio to take the photographs of the Convocation Ceremony so that you can get photographs from that studio on payment.
10. You are requested not to bring anyone else other than the invitees in the Convocation Ceremony. You are advised to follow the above instructions to avoid any embarrassment.
Following dress code is to be followed by the male students for attending the Convocation Ceremony:
a) White or off-white full sleeve shirt with necktie. T-shirt or Polo shirt is not acceptable. The color of the trouser should preferably be dark. Jeans are discouraged. Coat/Blazer inside the gown is discouraged to avoid inconvenience.
b) Black color Oxford Leather Shoes are to be put on. Sandal shoes or Sneakers are not acceptable.
Air Cdre Ishfaq Ilahi Choudhury (Retd.)
Posted on: Feb 5, 2014