The Course/Program is designed to develop human resources with expertise in collection, analysis and interpretation of population, reproductive health (RH) and gender statistics, integration of population, RH and gender concerns into development strategies and formulation, management and evaluation of policies and programmes addressing current & emerging population, RH & gender issues.
Enhancing the capabilities of the learners and training them as productive, articulate, efficient and effective professionals/managers is the primary mission of the MPRHGD Program of East West University. The program intends to provide students with skill and creative mind for improved understanding and effective management of population, reproductive health, gender and development issues.
- A four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a UGC recognized university/college in any social science and science subjects (anthropology, economics, geography, sociology, social work, psychology, population studies, health sciences/management, medicine & engineering). Any one with a Master’s degree from a recognized university in any other subject with at least two years of experience in population & health related fields.
- At least a second division/class in all public examinations or a minimum CGPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must pass EWU admission test. Students having a score of 550 in TOEFL and 300 in GRE are admitted directly without an admission test.
- Professional experience in population and allied fields is preferred but not required.
- 48 credit hours (including a range of foundation, core, specialized, elective courses with Thesis and Practicum/Internship) with minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 point scale.
- Reproductive Rights, Reproductive Health & Family Planning
- Population, Gender & Development
- Population and Environment
- Population & Poverty
- Core faculty includes reputed scholars with Ph.D from abroad in the field having long international and national experience in teaching, research & policy formulation.
- Highly qualified adjunct faculty from other teaching & research institutions.
- Fully automated and digital library with rich collection.
- Exclusive state of the art computer labs with internet facility.
- Internationally comparable curricula.
- Merit based scholarship covering up to full tuition fee waiver for 18 credits.
- Course waiver provision based on professional experience and background.
- Provision of transfer of credits up to a third of the program requirement from other comparable academic institutions.
- Holyday and Evening class facilities with full and part-time registration options
Length of Program: 48 credit hours or 5 Semesters
The program is designed for 5 semesters of study at East West University for working and non-working students. Students enrolled in this program on a full-time full-load basis may be able to complete it in less than 2 years or 5 semesters.
Fees and Charges
|Lab Fee & Activities||9,060.00|