Hi There !!
WELCOME To My Personal Website!
This is S. M. Raiyan Chowdhury, currently serving as a Lecturer in the Dept. of ECE, East West University (EWU). I am a B.Sc. graduate from the Dept. of EEE, BUET. This website serves mainly as an information board for my students & colleagues at EWU. However, everyone is welcome to explore my pages. Feedback is appreciated.
I am currently posted as ‘Lecturer‘ in the Dept. of ECE, East West University (EWU), Dhaka, Bangladesh. Additionally, I am working as a Consultant in Applied Materials Inc. (Santa Clara, California) on the project ‘Ginestra‘. I am also an Adjunct Faculty Member (EEE) in Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology (AUST). Formerly, I was a Lecturer in the dept. of EEE at Daffodil International University (DIU). I have completed my Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in EEE from BUET with a CGPA of 3.93/4.00. Now I am enrolled as a Master’s student in the discipline of Communication & Electronics (C&E) under the Dept. of EEE, BUET. I am recently conducting research on ‘Monte Carlo Spintronic Device Simulation’ under the supervision of Dr. Md Zunaid Baten (Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE, BUET). I have also conducted research-work with Dr. Satya Prasad Majumder (Professor, Dept. of EEE, BUET) on CPDM QPSK & QAM optical Networks. Moreover, during my undergrad period, I also worked as a System Developer (Hardware) on the project of ‘Autonomous Fire Control System (AFCS)’ with PLAN International Ltd & Access to Information (a2i), Bangladesh. I was also a National & Regional Runners-up as well as a Camper of Bangladesh Mathematical Olympiad (BdMO) when studying higher secondary in Notre Dame College (NDC).
- M.Sc (on going) in Communication & Electronics, Dept. of EEE, BUET.
- B.Sc. Engg (EEE) with CGPA of 3.93/4.00, Dept. of EEE, BUET.
- H.S.C. (Science), Notre Dame College, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- S.S.C. (Science), Motijheel Model High School, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Consultant, Applied Material Inc (Ginestra), Santa Clara, California, USA.
- Graduate Member, IEEE, IEEE SPS & IEEE EDS.
- Former Faculty Member (EEE), Ahsanullah Unmiversity of Science & Technology (AUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Former Lecturer (EEE), Daffodil International University (DIU), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Former System Developer, PLAN International Ltd, Bangladesh.
- Choyon, A. K. M.; Chowdhury, S M R.; Majumder, S.P.; ‘Performance of a CPDM-QPSK Coherent Homodyne Optical Transmission System due to Cross Polarization Effects’, published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library which was presented on International Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Materials and Electronic Engineering (IC4ME2), on February 8- 9, 2018 in the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. (DOI: 10.1109/IC4ME2.2018.8465664)
- Choyon, A. K. M.; Chowdhury, S M R.; Chowdhury R.; ‘Performance Analysis of a CPDM-QPSK Direct Detection Optical Transmission System under the effects of Cross-Polarization’, accepted for publication in IEEE Xplore Digital Library and also presented in the ‘International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology (ICASERT)’ on May 3-5, 2019 in East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Spintronics & Quantum Information Processing
- Neural Networking & Artificial Intelligence
- Novel Optoelectronic & Photonic Devices
- Neuromorphic Engineering & Devices
Course Contents (Summer 2019)
- Renewable Energy Technology — ETE 282
- Design & Simulations — ETE/ICE 399
- Control Systems — ETE 420
- Control System Laboratory — ETE 420 LAB
- Telecommunication Network & Switching — ETE/ICE 444
Marks Obtained (ETE 282)
Marks Obtained (ETE 420)
Marks Obtained (ETE/ICE 444)
Marks Obtained (ETE/ICE 399)
- Graduate Member, IEEE Bangladesh Section (BDS)
- Graduate Member, IEEE Electron Device Society (EDS)
- Graduate Member, IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS)
- Graduate Member, IEEE BDS Publicity Subcommittee