I am text block.
I am text block.
- Ph.D in Pharmacology University of Dhaka in collaboration with CNAM, Paris, France
- M.Pharm University of Dhaka
- B.Pharm University of Dhaka
I am text block.
1. Pavel, OF., Ahmad, N., Islam, S. (2017, July). Assessing the knowledge pattern regarding the palliative care among the non-medical life science students in Bangladesh. International Journal of Life-Sciences Scientific Research, 3(4), 1110-1113.
2. Arora, N., Islam, S., Wafa, K., Zhou, J., Toguri, JT., Cerny, V., Lehmann, C. (2017, April). Evaluation of iris functional capillary density in experimental local and systemic inflammation. Journal of Microscopy, 266(1), 55-59.
3. Rahman MA, Biswas K, Nandi T, Ashraf T, Islam S (2016) Eating Disorder: Influences of Hormones and Vitamins. Adv Obes Weight Manag Control 2016, 5(1): 00119. doi: 10.15406/aowmc. 05.00119.
4. Islam S, Jarosch S, Zhou J, Parquet Mdel C, Toguri JT, Colp P, Holbein BE, Lehmann C. Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects of iron chelation in experimental sepsis.J Surg Res 2016, 200(1):266-73. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2015.07.001.
5. Christian Lehmann, S Islam, S Jarosch, J Zhou, D Hoskin, A Greenshields, N Al-Banna, N Sharawy, A Sczcesniak, M Kelly,K Wafa, W Cheliak, B Holbein: The utility of iron chelators in the management of inflammatory disorders. Mediators of Inflammation 2015, Article ID 516740, 1-12, 2015.
6. Sufia Islam, Nishat Nasrin, Farhana Rizwan, Lutfun Nahar, Adity Bhowmik, Sayma Afrin Esha, Kaisar Ali Talukder, Mahmuda Akter, Ajoy Roy, Muniruddin Ahmed: Microbial contamination of street vended foods from a university campus in Bangladesh. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health. 2015, 46(3): 1-6.
7. Md. Nur Haque Alam, Hasan Ashraf, Mohammad Kamruzzaman, Tahmeed Ahmed, Sufia Islam, Maryam Kadjar Olesen, Niklaus Gyr, Remy Meier: Efficacy of partially hydrolyzed guar gum (PHGG) supplemented modified oral rehydration solution in the treatment of severely malnourished children with watery diarrhea: a randomized double-blind controlled trial. (Accepted) Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition. JHPN-MS # 2281, 2014.
8. Sufia Islam, Zahid Mohammad Delwar, Shahidul Alam Khan, Saquiba Yesmine: A comparative study of thyroid hormone levels in Type I diabetic and non-diabetic patients. International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries. Int J Diabetes Dev Ctries 34(1):7–9, 2014.
9. Sufia Islam, Mehedi Aziz Sarker, Farhana Rizwan: In-vitro sensitivity study of different brands of oral metronidazole against Entamoeba histolytica infected Bangladeshi population. Publishing house:VDM Verlag Dr. Müller , ISBN-13:978-3-639-21006-4, 2010.
10. Nur Haque Alam, Sufia. Islam, Samima Sattar, Shirajum Monira, Jehan-François. Desjeux: The Safety of Rapid Intravenous Rehydration and Comparative Efficacy of Three Oral Rehydration Solutions in the Treatment of Severely Malnourished Children with Dehydrating Cholera. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48(3):318-27, 2009.
11. Mohammod Jobayer Chisti, Tahmeed Ahmed, Abu Syed Golam Faruque, Shuvra Saha, Mohammed Abdus Salam, Sufia Islam: Factors associated with sclerema in infants with diarrhoeal disease: a matched case-control study. Acta Paediatrica 98(5): 873-878, 2009.
12. Chisti MJ, Saha S, Roy CN, Ahmed T, Faruque AS, Salam MA, Islam S: Predictors of mortality in infants with sclerema presenting to the Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease, Dhaka. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 29(1):45-50, 2009.
13. Saiful Islam, Saquiba Yasmine, Shahidul Alam Khan, Nur Haque Alam, Sufia Islam: A comparative study of thyroid hormone levels in diabetic and non diabetic patients. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 39 (5): 1-4, 2008.
14. Md. Mehedi Aziz Sarker, Farhana Rizwan, Rashidul Haque, Abdulllah Siddique, Seheli Parveen, Sufia Islam: In vitro Sensitivity of Different Brands of Antiamoebic Drugs (Metronidazole Tablets) Against Clinical Isolates of Entamoeba histolytica in Bangladesh. Journal of Biological Sciences 8(5): 925-929, 2008.
15. Sufia Islam, Amal K. Mitra, Ashish K. Chowdhury, Nur Haque Alam: Intestinal enzymes during malnutrition & infection in rabbits. Indian J Med Res 124(3):313-318, 2006.
16. Nur H. Alam, Sufia Islam, Samima Monira, and Jehan-Francois Desjeux Vigorous Rehydration, With Glucose, Rice or Amylase-Resistant Starch-Containing Oral Rehydration Solution in Severely Malnourished Children With Cholera. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition: May 2005 – Volume 40 – Issue 5 – p 648.
17. Islam S, Abély M, Alam NH, Dossou F, Chowdhury AK, Desjeux JF: Water and electrolyte salvage in an animal model of dehydration and malnutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38(1):27-33., 2004.
18. Rabbani GH, Islam S, Chowdhury AK, Mitra AK, Miller MJ, Fuchs G: Increased nitrite and nitrate concentrations in sera and urine of patients with cholera or shigellosis. Am J Gastroenterol 96(2):467-72, 2001.
19. Khaled MA, Sarker SA, Chowdhury AK and Islam S: H pylori induced oxidative stress in human. Gastroenterology 112 (4 suppl): A371, 1997.
20. Sufia Islam, Iqbal Kabir, Mohammad A. Wahed, Michael I. Goran, Dilip Mahalanabis, George J. Fuchs, Mohammed A. Khaled. Multifrequency bioelectrical impedance analysis to assess human body composition Nutrition Research 19(8): August 1999, 1179-1188, 1999.
21. Islam S, Faruque AS, Fuchs GJ, Wahed MA, Mahalanabis D: Shelf-life of pre-cooked rice oral rehydration salt packets. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 28(4):862-4, 1997.
22. Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Chowdhury AK, Wahed MA, Rahman AS: Glutamine is superior to glucose in stimulating water and electrolyte absorption across rabbit ileum. Dig Dis Sci 42(2):420-3, 1997.
23. Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Chowdhury AK, Sarker SA, Wahed A, Rahman AS: Intestinal transport of water, sodium & glucose from an electrolyte solution with & without bicarbonate. Indian J Med Res 104:254-6,1996.
24. Bardhan PK, Rahman AS, Islam S, Rahman M, Gyr K: Octreotide (SMS 201-995) as an antisecretory agent in cholera toxin & bile acid induced intestinal secretion in an in vivo animal study. Indian J Med Res 100:184-189,1994.
25. Bardhan PK, Rahman AS, Islam S, Rahman M, Gyr K: Effects of tropisetron, a 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 receptor blocker, on intestinal secretion induced by cholera toxin or deoxycholic acid in rabbits in vivo. J Int Med Res 21(6):323-33.1993.
1. Sufia Islam, Faria Nusrat, Sayma Afrin Esha, Fardina Mehrin, Afroza Hilaly, Shamima Shiraji , Mohammed I Hasan, Fahmida Tofail , Jena D Hamadani. How does family structure relate with children’s language development? A cross- sectional experience from urban slums in Dhaka. Mymensingh Medical Journal (In press).
2. Md Shakil Hossain, Sufia Islam, Mohammod Jobayer Chisti: Childhood Deaths with a Co-Morbidity of Diarrhea and Severe Malnutrition: A Brief Insight in an Urban Critical Care Ward in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Bangladesh Crit Care Journal 2 (1): 25-27, 2014.
3. Farhana Rizwan, Affifah Mustafa Mim, Amna Rasul, Rashidul Haque, Abdulllah Siddique, Md. Mehedi Aziz Sarker, Sufia Islam: In vitro sensitivity study of different brands of antiamoebic secnidazole and tinidazole oral preparations against Entamoeba histolytica infected Bangladeshi populations. Bangladesh J Sci Res 21(1&2):43-49, 2008.
1. Islam, S. (2017, March). Influence of hormones in patients with eating disorder. Paper presented at the Global Conference on Obesity treatment and Weight Management, 20-22 March (pp. 22). Las Vegas, USA.
2. Sufia Islam, Nafisa Tanjia, Ajoy Roy, Nahida Akter. Bacteriological quality of street- vended foods collected from different private university area in Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Asian Food Safety and Security Association (AFSSA) Conferences on Food Safety and Food Security. KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India September 15-17, 2016.
3. L. Kostek, J Zhou, M Parquet, S Islam, B. Holbein, C Lehmann. Iron chelation improves the intestinal microcirculation in Experimental sepsis. The 62nd German anaesthesia congress, Düsseldorf, Germany, May 7-9, 2015 (Aceepted).
4. C. Lehmann, J. Rippke, M. Borowiak, J Zhou, S. Islam, P Yeung. Tigecycline increases purine nucleotide levels in red blood cells. The 62nd German anaesthesia congress, Düsseldorf, Germany, May 7-9, 2015 (Accepted).
5. Jarosch, S, Islam S, Zhou J, Parquet M, Holbein B, Lehmann C. Iron chelation improves Capillary perfusion and Reduces Leukocyte adhesion within the intestinal microcirculation in a mouse model of experimental sepsis. In: Proceedings of The Capital City Conference of the German Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine. September 18-20, 2014, Berlin, Germany.
6. Shahreen Raihana, Sufia Islam, Mohammod Jobayer Chisti. Influence of diarrhoea on clinical features of pneumonia in severely malnourished children. In: Proceedings of the 8th World Congress of the World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Cape Town, South Africa, November 19-22, 2013.
7. M. Kabir, Rashidul Haque, Abdullah Siddique, Sufia Islam. In vitro Drug Sensitivity Study of Nitazoxanide Oral Preparation against Clinical Isolates of Entamoeba Histolytica. In: Proceedings of the 13th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON XIII), 2011.
8. Sufia Islam, Shovon Kumar Das, Cynthia Ummay Siddiqua, Abida Sultana Liza, S K Roy. Study on iron intake from dietary source in 2-4 years old children of lower socio economic status (SES). In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Micronutrients and Child Health, AIIMS, New Delhi , 20th – 23rd October, 2009.
9. Farhana Rizwan, Affifah Mustafa Mim, Amna Rasul, Rashidul Haque, Abdulllah Siddique, Mehedi Aziz Sarker, Sufia Islam. In-vitro Sensitivity of Secnidazole and Tinidazole Oral Preparations Against Entamoeba histolytica”, 12th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON XII), 145, 2009.
10. Mohammod Jobayer Chisti, Tahmeed Ahmed, A.S.G. Faruque, Shuvra Saha, Chandra Nath Roy, Mohammed Abdus Salam, Sufia Islam. Risk factors for development of sclerema in infants with diarrhoeal disease. In: Proceedings of the 3rd Congress of Asian society for Pediatric Research, October 6-8, 2007, Tokyo, Japan, 2007.
11. N H Alam, S Islam, M Abely, JF Desjeux. Efficacy of oral rehydration solution (ORS) containing amylase resistant starch or rice based ORS in the treatment of severely malnourished children with cholera. In: Proceedings of the Federation of American Society for Experimental Biology (FASEB), April 2-6, 2005, San Diego, CA, USA, 2005.
12. Sufia Islam, Amal K Mitra, Ashish K Chowdhury, Nur Haque Alam. Brush border enzyme activities in experimental animal model of malnutrition and infection. In: Proceedings of the Federation of American Society for Experimental Biology (FASEB), April 2-6, 2005, San Diego, CA, USA, 2005.
13. Islam S, Abely M, Alam NH, Dossou F, Chowdhury AKA, Desjeux JF. Water and electrolyte salvage in an animal model of dehydration and malnutrition. In: Proceedings of the 10th Asian Conference on Diarrhoeal Diseases and Nutrition, Dhaka, 7-9 December 2003.
14. Islam S, Chowdhury AKA, Malek MA, Fuchs GJ, Desjeux JF. A malnourished animal model of dehydration. In: Proceedings of the 9th Asian Conference on Diarrhoeal Diseases and Nutrition, New Delhi, India, September 28-30, 2001:53(P64), 2001.
15. Islam S, Abely M, Boisset M, Chowdhury AKA, Desjeux JF. An experimental animal model of dehydration. In: Proceedings of the World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Boston, USA, August 5-9, 2000.
16. Islam S, Rahman A, Fuchs GJ, Chowdhury AK, Wahed MA, Rabbani GH. Intestinal transport of different electrolyte solutions across small intestine of rabbit in vivo. In: Proceedings of the International Congress on Cooperative Clinical Research with Developing countries, Basel, Switzerland, August 19-21, 1999.
17. Islam S, Fuchs GJ, Chowdhury AK, Rahman A, Miller M, Rabbani GH. Role of nitric oxide in the pathogenesis of shigellosis and cholera in children. In: Proceedings of the 7th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON VII), Dhaka, February 14-15, 1998.
18. Islam S, Rahman A, Fuchs GJ, Chowdhury, AK, Wahed MA, Rabbani GH. Intestinal transport of different electrolyte solutions across small intestine of rabbit in vivo. In: Proceedings of the 7th Annual Scientific Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, February 14-15, 1998.
19. S Islam, I Kabir, MA Wahed, MI Goran, D Mahalanabis, GJ Fuchs, MA Khaled. Multifrequency bioelectrical impendance analysis (BIA) to assess human body composition. In: Proceedings of the Experimental Biology 97, New Orleans, LA, April 6-9, 1997.
20. Islam S, Faruque ASG, Fuchs GJ, Wahed MA, Mahalanabis D. Shelf-life of pre-cooked rice oral rehydration salt packets. In: Proceedings of the 8th Asian Conference on Diarrhoeal Disease, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, February 26-28, 1997.
21. Kabir I, Khatun M, Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Khaled MA. Estimation of body composition of adult Bangladeshi ale and female using bio-electrical impendance analysis. In: Proceedings of the First Regional Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society , New Delhi, India, February 15-18, 1995.
22. Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Chowdhury AKA, Sarker SA, Wahed MA and Rahman ASMH. Intestinal Transport of water, sodium and glucose in animal models from electrolyte solutions with and without bicarbonate. In: Proceedings of the Fifth Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON V), , Dhaka, January 13-14, 1995.
23. Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Chowdhury AKA, Wahed MA and Rahman ASMH. Glutamine is superior to glucose in stimulating water and electrolyte absorption across rabbit ileum. In: Proceedings of the Second Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON II) , Dhaka, January 16-18, 1993.
24. Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Chowdhury AKA, Wahed MA and Rahman ASMH. Effect of L-glutamine in improving absorption efficiency of oral rehydration solution. In: Proceedings of the National Biochemistry Conference , Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 21, 1991.
25. Islam S, Mahalanabis D, Wahed MA and Chowdhury AKA. Study of absorption promoting oral rehydration solutions in animal models. In: Proceedings of the Fifth Bangladesh Nutrition Conference, Dhaka, August 10-12, 1991.
- Basic and clinical research of Pharmacology
- Experimental and clinical studies of the microcirculation.
- Synergistic effects of antibiotics and iron chelators against resistant organisms.
I am text block.
I am text block.
I am text block.
I am text block.