Advisory for the newly admitted students for Fall Semester 2020
Thursday, 8 October 2020
Greetings from East West University and welcome onboard!
This is to emphasize that those who have not activated their email account (EWU G Suite Account) yet, kindly do it immediately. Please note that you must use the EWU email account for any communication with the university as well as taking part in the online classes. You will not get any access if you use your personal email account. As a next step it is important that you activate your ID with EWU portal at http://portal.ewubd.edu as shown below:
1. Navigate to http://portal.ewubd.edu/ [Please use Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari for better performance]
2. Click on the red marked Activate Your ID First
3. Give your Student Id in the recommended Student ID field.
4. You will receive an OTP (One Time PIN) in your contact number which is registered in East West University.
5. You will have to give that OTP in the recommended field and then you will be able to set your password to access your portal.
6. After activation you can log in your portal by submitting your student ID, password and captcha.
Once you are done with your portal accessibility, you should be in a position to produce your advising slip from the system following a few steps given below:
1. Log in to the portal using your activated credentials at http://portal.ewubd.edu
2. Go to ADVISING menu
3. Click on “VIEW ADVISED COURSES” and your advising slip will appear on the screen
You may also save it or print it as appropriate from the on-screen available action buttons.
Your advising slip will guide you as to which courses you are expected to attend as well as your class schedule/ class routine. As you can imagine, this is vital for you to begin your classes starting from 11 October 2020 based on the latest academic calendar (https://www.ewubd.edu/
You are requested to pay your tuition fees for Fall semester 2020 within the stipulated time as mentioned in your advising slip. To continue the classes, it is important that payment must be cleared within the stipulated time. Payment should be made in any branch of the three designated banks mentioned on your advising slip. It is also advised to the students not to deposit their tuition fees in any agent banking system. Agent banking system doesn’t report the students’ deposit information properly.
So, in summary following are the actions that you have to undertake immediately:
- Activate your email ID for your EWU G Suite email account if not done yet
- Activate your ID for access into portal.ewubd.edu
- Print your advising slip from the portal and
- Make your payment through designated banks.
Last but not the least, please familiarize yourself with Google Meet, and Google Classroom to start with, to be able to take part in the online classes. You will have received more on them from your class teachers.
If you face any problem, please contact helpdesk-accounts@
Wishing you a very exciting journey of your academic semester!
East West University