FacultyFaculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
OfficeExt: 517 || Room No# 251
- MA in Applied Linguistics and ELT, Department of English, University of Dhaka, 2017
- BA in English, Department of English, University of Dhaka, 2016
Apala Biswas is currently working as a Lecturer in Department of English, East West University. She has completed her graduation and post-graduation from the Department of English, University of Dhaka. Her post-graduation was on Applied Linguistics and ELT. She has further plans to work in the field of current teaching approaches in classroom and her profound interest lies in the vast research field of teaching and learning phenomenon. She has already published several research papers in national and international journals regarding her field of interest.
- Lecturer, Department of English, East West University, January, 2019- Present
- Lecturer, BRAC Institute of Langauges, BRAC University, September, 2018- December, 2018
- Temporary Lecturer (English), BAF Shaheen College Dhaka, July, 2018- August, 2018
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teaching Methodology
- Teaching and Learning Practices in Bangladesh
- Biswas, A., & Kabir, T. S. 2020. Assessing the Mentoring Service in Department of English: A Case from Bangladeshi Public University. BELTA Journal, 1(4), 32- 43. https://doi.org/10.36832/beltaj.2020.0401.03
- Hasan, M.U., & Biswas, A. 2018. Mobile Apps in Self- Directed Language Learning: Attitudes of Bangladeshi Undergraduate Students. Green University Review of Social Sciences, 4(1), 83- 99.
- Biswas, A. 2018. Self-Access Learning Centers in developing learner autonomy: attitudes of students from the Department of English, University of Dhaka. The Warwick ELT, 1(2), 65- 76.
- Biswas, A. 2018. Self-Access Learning Centers in developing learner autonomy: attitudes of students from the Department of English, University of Dhaka. The Warwick ELT, 13. URL: https://thewarwickeltezine.wordpress.com/2018/05/30/715/
- Biswas, A. (2020, February). Cultural Fluency: An Assessment of Tertiary Level Learners’ Usage of English in Speaking. IML Regional Conference on Foreign Language Education for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Institute of Modern Languages (IML), University of Dhaka.
- Kabir, T, S. & Biswas, A. (2019, March). Assessing Student Awareness on Global Education: A Comparative Study on Attitudes of Undergraduate Students of University of Dhaka and East West University. 2nd Assembly on Futures of Higher Education, jointly organized by the Centre for Genocide Studies, University of Dhaka and Friedrich- Ebert- Stiftung (FES).
- Hasan, M.U. & Biswas, A. (2017, November). Mobile Apps in Self-directed Language Learning: Attitudes of Bangladeshi Undergraduate Students. 1st IML Conference 2017, Institute of Modern Languages, University of Dhaka.
- Biswas, A. 2020. Asthma. Ten Square Hundred- Word Stories From Bangladesh. Skylark Printers, Dhaka.