FacultyFaculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
OfficeExt: || Room No#
MA in Information Science and Library Management, University of Dhaka.
BA (Hons) in Information Science and Library Management, University of Dhaka
Abdur Rahaman Sumon is a lecturer at the Department of Information Studies and Library Management, East West University. He completed his BA (Honors - 2015) and MA (2016) in Information Science and Library Management from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. His research areas are knowledge management (KM), Research Data Management, Information Seeking Behavior, Service Innovation and Value Co-creation, Digital Library, E-resource Management etc. In 2018, Abdur Rahaman Sumon was awarded the Dean’s Award of Honor from Dhaka University.
- Worked as a Research Assistant at ACI Pharmaceuticals Ltd. From August 2017 to December 2017.
- Currently working as a Lecturer in the Department of Information Studies and Library Management at East West University, Bangladesh from Spring 2018.
- Knowledge Management
- Research Data Management
- Information Seeking Behavior
- Service Innovation and Value Co-creation
- Digital Library
- E-resource Management etc.
Sumon, A.R. (2020). Managing Citation Through Popular Citation Management tools: An Analysis. In, Proceedings of the 1st Multidisciplinary International Conference on the Social and Life Sciences. Paper presented at ICSL 2020, 27-29 February (p. 51-52). Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Hossain, T., Sumon, A. R., and Rahman, R. (2019). Measuring the progress towards attaining the SDGs: Bangladesh Government’s Initiative of SDG Tracker. In: International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management; “Next Generation Information and Knowledge Dissemination to realize the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development”, Dhaka: Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, p. 128.
Hossain, T, Sumon, A. R. (2019). The Impact of Information Seeking Behavior of Library Users in Service Innovation: A Study of East West University Library. In: International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management; “Next Generation Information and Knowledge Dissemination to realize the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development”, Dhaka: Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center, p. 170.
Hossain, T., Begum, D., Elahi, M. H., Sumon, A.R. (2019). Research Data Management (RDM): Demystifying the Notion about Data Librarians. In, Proceedings of the International Conference on Digital Landscape, Digital Transformation for an Agile Environment. Paper presented at ICDL 2019, 6-8 November (p. 528). New Delhi, India: The Energy and Resources Institute.
Sumon, A. R. & Islam, M.A. (2020). “Information-Seeking Behavior of the Graduate Students: A Developing Country Perspective”. The Dhaka University Studies, 72-73 (1-2), pp. 1-17.
1. Hossain, T., Sumon, A. R., and Rahman, R. (2020). Bangladesh's Progress toward Attainment of the SDGs: An Analysis of SDG Tracker. In M. A. Alam, F. Alam & D. Begum, Knowledge Management, Governance, and Sustainable Development: Lessons and Insights from Developing Countries (1st ed., pp. 413-430). New York: Routledge.
Textbook, Reference Books, Class Lecture and PPT Slides, Hand notes Whiteboard, Marker etc.
Lectures, Discussions, Fieldwork, Group work, Brainstorming etc.