FacultyFaculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
OfficeExt: 441 || Room No#
- Masters in Criminology and Criminal Justice (MSS) in Criminology, University of Dhaka
- Master of Laws (LLM), Rajshahi University
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB. Hon's), BRAC University
Advocate, Dhaka Judge Court.
Former Head and Program Coordinator, Department of Law, City University of Bangladesh.
Criminology and Victimology, Cybercrime, Terrorism, Gender-Based Violence, International Criminal Law.
Undergraduate (LLB Hon's) Supervision of Students
Md. Nazmul Hasan, Applicability of Routine Activity Theory: An analysis based on cybercrime in Bangladesh, Fall 2021, Completed.
Tahsina Tabassum Tori, The Child Marriage Restraint Act 2017 In Bangladesh: Is It Preventing or Promoting Child Marriage? Fall 2021, Completed.
Mokammel Haq Shiblu, A Critical Analysis on the Torture and Custodial Death (Prevention) Act, 2013: Comparison and Proposals, Fall 2021, Completed.
Rakibul Islam Opu, WHITE COLLAR CRIME: IMPACT ON BANGLADESH DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC, Fall 2021, Completed.
Mehedi Hasan, Migration and Terrorism: Determining Connections in Aspect of Rohingya and Terrorism, Summer 2021, Completed.
Iffat Mustarin, A Legal Analysis on the Laws Relating to E-commerce Transaction in Bangladesh via the lens of Consumer Rights, Summer 2021, Completed.
Fariha Akter, The Inadequacy of Bangladesh's Cyber Laws relating to Harmful Online Games and Apps: A Comparison to India's Legislations, Summer 2021, Completed.
Tufayel Ahmed Tuhin, Cyber-Bullying Laws in Bangladesh and India: A Comparative Analysis, Spring 2021, Completed.
Halima Akter, Juvenile Delinquency in Bangladesh: An Analysis of the Required Policies in the Criminal Justice System, Fall 2020, Completed.
Aitindrila Sarker, Male Rape in Bangladesh: Legislative Imperfection and Social Renderings of Masculinity, Fall 2020, Completed.
Afifa Islam, Marital Rape: An Unheard Grievance of Married Women In Bangladesh, Fall 2020, Completed.
Md. Abdullah Al Faruque, An Overview on Female Terrorism and Punishment, Fall 2020, Completed
Afsana Hoque Chaity, Homicide Law Regarding Provocation: A path Towards Less Punishment, Spring 2020, Completed.
Ibnul Rifat Uddin, Cyber Defamation on Social Networking Sites: Challenges and Solution, Spring 2020, Completed.
Sazia Afrin, Witness Protection: A Dire Need for A New Law In Bangladesh, Fall 2019, Completed.
Sabrina Mahisha Mahboob, Analyzing the Concept of Beyond Reasonable Doubt Relating to Circumstantial Evidence in the Context of Bangladesh, Fall 2019, Completed.
Anjum Nishat, Cyber Child Pornography and Loopholes in Legislative Frameworks in South Asia, Summer 2019, Completed.
Jaya Goswami, Child Rape in Bangladesh: A Study based on the criminological and victimological theory, Spring 2019, Completed.
Publication in International Journal:
Jahan, MN, (2020), Analyzing Child Rape in Bangladesh: A Socio-Legal Perspective, International Annals of Criminology, Volume 58, Issue 1, Cambridge University Press, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/cri.2020.20
Jahan, M.N., Medical Malpractice in Bangladesh: Behind the Mist of Corona Pandemic," An Untold Loss by Corona, N.B. Publications, Kunal Books, pg 29-48, 2020, ISBN: 978-93-89234-90-9.
Jahan, MN, (2018), The Doctrine of Superior Responsibility in The Trials of International Crimes: A Comparative Study of The International Crimes Tribunals of Bangladesh and Other Jurisdictions, European Journal of Law and Political Sciences, Vol 1, 2018, pp. 6-19, Premier Publishing, Vienna, ISSN 2310-5712.
Publication in National Journal:
Jahan, MN, (2021), Radicalization, Terrorism and Counter Terrorism Approach in Bangladesh, Counter Terrorism Journal, Counter Terrorism & Transnational Crime (CTTC), Dhaka Metropolitan Police, Volume 1, Number 1, Pathak Shamabesh, Bangladesh, ISSN: 2710-4710.
Jahan, M.N., (co-author), Principles of Natural Justice, Its Prospects and Application in Bangladesh: A Critical Analysis, City University Journal, Volume 2, Number 1, 2016, ISSN 2412-282.
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Stricter surveillance required on global militant activities online, South Aisa Monitor, published on August 19, 2020. Available at https://southasiamonitor.org/open-forum/stricter-surveillance-required-global-militant-activities-online
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Humanity in exile: Time for a new world order, South Aisa Monitor, published on July 24, 2020. Available at https://southasiamonitor.org/open-forum/humanity-exile-time-new-world-order
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Why terrorism eludes definition? South Aisa Monitor, published on June 6, 2020.
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), US-Taliban peace deal: Peace for whom? South Asia Monitor, Published on April 13, 2020. available at https://southasiamonitor.org/spotlight/us-taliban-peace-deal-peace-whom
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), With laws, more social awareness needed to curb child pornography in South Asia, South Asia Monitor, published on March 20, 2020, available at http://www.southasiamonitor.org/spotlight/laws-more-social-awareness-needed-curb-child-pornography-south-asia
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Break the taboo of rape from society, South Asia Monitor, published on March 15, 2020, available at http://www.southasiamonitor.org/open-forum/break-taboo-rape-society?
1. Jahan MN, & Nishat NJ, (2021), A Constructive Analysis on Reconciliation between Media and Islamic Ideology for the Elimination of Islamophobia, presented at the 1st Annual Conference, Office for National Unity and Reconciliation, Sri Lanka, (held on 30-31 October 2021), organized by the Office for National Unity and Reconciliation, Sri Lanka.
2. Jahan, MN, (2019), Rape of Female Child: Bangladesh Perspective, presented at The 19th World Congress of The International Society of Criminology, (held on 28-30 October, 2019), jointly organized by The International Society of Criminology, Qatar University, UNODC, Police College Qatar, Law College Qatar, held at Ritz Carlton Hotel, Doha, Qatar.
3. Jahan, MN, (2019), Legal Provisions on Child Pornography in Bangladesh: A Comparative Study On South Asian Landscape, presented at the International Conference on Criminal Law and Victims of Crime, (held on 24-25 October, 2019), organized by World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, held at Bali, Indonesia.
4. Jahan, MN, (2019), Examining Child Rape Provisions in Bangladesh in Comparison with Other South Asian Countries, presented at the International Conference on Criminology, Penal Law and Crime, (held on 19-20 August, 2019), organized by World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, held at Bangkok, Thailand.
5. Jahan, MN, (2018), Bangladesh-India Maritime Delimitation: Significance of the Arbitral Award from the International Law Perspectives, presented at the 2nd International Conference on 'International Law', (held on 29-31 March, 2018), organized by, the Department of Law, East West University, organizing partner, NILS Bangladesh, Media Partners- Lawyersclubbangladesh.com and Radio Dhol 94.0 FM, held at Nausher Ali Lecture Gallery, East West University, Bangladesh.
1. Jahan, MN, presented a paper on the third series of "Meet the Legal Minds" titled " Social Media and Cyber Crime" titled " Explaining Criminological Theories Behind Social Media Related Cyber Crimes" on 16.10.2018, organized by the Department of Law, East West University.
2. Jahan, MN, presented a paper on the second series of "Meet the Legal Minds" titled " সন্ত্রাসবাদের দায় কার?"titled "The Reasons Behind Radicalization on Terrorism and Possible Remedies: A Criminological Perspective" on 01.02.2018, organized by the Department of Law, East West University.
Monira Nazmi Jahan & Nusrat Jahan Nishat, (2022), Media and Islamophobia: Reconciliation Required. The Daily Sun, published on February 24, 2022. Available at https://www.daily-sun.com/printversion/details/606964/Media-and-Islamophobia:-Reconciliation-Required?fbclid=IwAR2U2Q9k05-nHbvuECbFhHQanQXP0kIH67WuV4o31F92OUPxkSpdot3NWj8
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2021), স্বাধীনতার ৫০ বছরে নারীর নিরাপত্তা কি নিশ্চিত হয়েছে? BanglaTribune, published on December 29, 2021. Available at shorturl.at/msQS8
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2021), হলি আর্টিজান ট্র্যাজেডি : শোক হোক শক্তি. Jagonews24.com, published on July 2, 2021. Available at https://www.jagonews24.com/m/opinion/article/680452?fbclid=IwAR3aDPQxVioWd7yvVNpNUVf3u39Uqj4TCpHLYMe9_3Ew8xUL3uvUhMu3tDI
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2021), আফগানিস্তান থেকে মার্কিনীদের রহস্যময় প্রস্থান কেন? Jagonews24.com, published on May 19, 2021. Available at https://www.jagonews24.com/m/opinion/article/668384?fbclid=IwAR19EZfvrWHSH_rDq_bjlwgfw90Ien1da5-OU5qqcq7xDgzDNcWhhTMuP_s
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2021), করোনা কি মানুষকে শোধরাতে পেরেছে? Jagonews24.com, published on April 11, 2021.Available at https://www.jagonews24.com/m/opinion/article/657894?fbclid=IwAR0agoJsQgqdrMBm8moJVzJww_WoQ1xHx_OQhQSd7j2SEKl0R-9P6JLYBzI
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2021), েকন থামেছ না িকেশার অপরাধ? Why juvenile delinquency is not stopping? Dhaka Post, published on March 12, 2021. Available at https://cutt.ly/ont9Ath
Monira Nazmi Jahan, Wake up mother, daughter, bride, wife, sister! “জাগো মাতা, কন্যা, বধূ, জায়া, ভগ্নী!” Bangla Tribune, published on March 8, 2021. Available at https://rb.gy/1ma1jc
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2021), সাইবার অপরাধ িনয়�েণ আসেব িকভােব? How to control cybercrime? Dhaka Post, published on February 23, 2021. Available at https://www.dhakapost.com/opinion/13056
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), ইয়াসমিন ট্র্যাজেডির ২৫ বছর: ধর্ষণ কমেছে নাকি বেড়েছে? দৈনিক বাংলাদেশ প্রতিদিন, published on August 29, 2020, available at https://www.bd-pratidin.com/open-air-theater/2020/08/29/561412?fbclid=IwAR36M-DpWZ4_trTQHZcBUnbqbE3V4G3hyEKiV6pX2jkL2_1xzPBDj-I47SM
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), বৈশ্বিক জঙ্গিবাদ ও বাংলাদেশ, দৈনিক ভোরের কাগজ, published on August 19, 2020. Available at https://www.bhorerkagoj.com/2020/08/18/%e0%a6%ac%e0%a7%88%e0%a6%b6%e0%a7%8d%e0%a6%ac%e0%a6%bf%e0%a6%95-%e0%a6%9c%e0%a6%99%e0%a7%8d%e0%a6%97%e0%a6%bf%e0%a6%ac%e0%a6%be%e0%a6%a6-%e0%a6%93-%e0%a6%ac%e0%a6%be%e0%a6%82%e0%a6%b2%e0%a6%be/?fbclid=IwAR2NkI-yADdSkum5k5-xssi9MgL2Vb3JiOagiM0cpZd32mTJ5S01O-2LuaA
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), নির্বাসনে মানবতা : বিপন্ন সভ্যতা, দৈনিক আমাদের সময়, published on July 20, 2020. Available at Page link
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Terrorist radicalization: Difficult to detect, The Daily Asian Age, published on July 10, 2020, available at https://dailyasianage.com/news/234908/terrorist-radicalization--difficult-to-detect?fbclid=IwAR0fr9h-MH-o4H4ygpZ4uFtKlpTni2kOwR1JX40s6Jav3OsqSQZRkgZGpeQ
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), হলি আর্টিজান: বিষাদের এক কালো অধ্যায়, দৈনিক বাংলাদেশ প্রতিদিন, published on July 01, 2020, available at https://www.bd-pratidin.com/open-air-theater/2020/07/01/544221?fbclid=IwAR3qk7tLcCghXdEmlPRhTa8QQF0EEJ3iLtMGf69ZK4m2aQq7peOP1kwebrY
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), “সবার উপরে মানুষ সত্য,” দৈনিক বাংলাদেশ প্রতিদিন, published on June 22, 2020, available at page link
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), মহামারীতেও থেমে নেই জঙ্গিগোষ্ঠির চক্রান্ত, bdnews24.com, published on June 14, 2020. Available at Page link
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Pandemics: Always accompanied by rumours, The Daily Observer, published on April 3, 2020, available at page link
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), মার্কিন-তালেবান শান্তিচুক্তি:কার শান্তির সম্ভাবনা কতটুকু? Jagonews24.com, published on May 3, 2020. available at Page link
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), মহামারীর সংক্রমন বনাম গুজবের আক্রমন, দৈনিক যুগান্তর, published on March 30, 2020, available at Page link
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Child pornography: Curse for civilization, The Daily Asian Age, published on January 17, 2020, available at https://dailyasianage.com/news/214437/child-pornography-curse-for-civilization
Republished from Njus International, available at https://www.njus.me/int/news/news/0/18078463/child-pornography-curse-for-civilization
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2020), Stop Rape: Ensure Justice, The Daily Sun, published on, January 13, 2020, available at https://www.daily-sun.com/post/453985/Stop-Rape:-Ensure-Justice
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2019), Time to properly use forensic law, The New Age, published on December 24, 2019, available at https://www.newagebd.net/article/94442/time-to-properly-use-forensic-law
Monira Nazmi Jahan, (2019), Child Rape: Only Punishment Enough? The Daily Observer, published on November 20, available at https://www.observerbd.com/details.php?id=229102
Member, International Society of Criminology. (Id: Monira1989)
Member, World Society of Victimology
Convener,' Research Cell', Cyber Crime Awareness Foundation, Bangladesh
Member, Bangladesh Bar Council
Member, Dhaka Bar Association, Dhaka