FacultyFaculty of Sciences and Engineering
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
OfficeExt: 428 || Room No#
- Master of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) (persuing) with a CGPA of 4.00/4.00 from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) with a CGPA of 3.93/4.00, from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
- Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) in Science, with a GPA of 5.00/5.00 from Notre Dame College, Bangladesh.
- Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) in Science, with a GPA of 5.00/5.00 from Motijheel Model High School (MMHS), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Welcome to my faculty webpage. I, S. M. Raiyan Chowdhury, am currently posted as Lecturer in the Dept. of Electronics & Communications Engineering (ECE), East West University (EWU), Bangladesh. Recently, I have worked with one of the fab-giants 'Applied Materials Inc (AMAT-Italy)' on the project named 'MDLx Ginestra'. I have also served as an 'Adjunct Lecturer' in the Dept. of EEE at Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology (AUST), and as a 'Lecturer' in the Dept. of EEE at Daffodil International University, Bangladesh. I have completed my Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) with a CGPA of 3.93/4.00 (Merit Position: 11/194). I am also about to complete my Master of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) with a CGPA of 4.00/4.00 from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) in the discipline of Communication & Electronics.
Recently, I am conducting research on 'Monte Carlo Spintronic Device Simulation' and 'Implementation of Spiking Neural Network using Neuromorphic Devices' under the supervision of Dr. Md Zunaid Baten (Assistant Professor, Dept. of EEE, BUET). I have also conducted research with Dr. Satya Prasad Majumder (Professor, Dept. of EEE and the Honorable Vice-Chancellor (VC) of BUET) on 'CPDM based Optical Fiber Network' & also with Dr. Mohammad Ariful Hoque (Professor, Dept. of EEE, BUET) on 'Traffic sign detection under challenging conditions using Deep Neural Network (DNN)'. Additionally, I worked as a part-time 'Contractor' at PLAN International Ltd, Bangladesh on the project of 'Autonomous Fire Control System (AFCS)' in collaboration with Access to Information (a2i), Peoples' Republic of Bangladesh, during my undergraduate studies in BUET. Moreover, on a Professional Society level, I am working as the Newsletter Coordinator of the IEEE Electron Device and Solid-State Circuit Society (ED/SSCS) Joint Chapter of Bangladesh.
For more information, View My CV from this link.
Academic & Professional Experiences
- Novel Spintronic & Neuromorphic Devices
- Spike Neural Networks (SNN)
- Spin Optoelectronics & Photonics
- FSO & CPDM based Fiber Optics
- Choyon, A. K. M.*; Chowdhury, S. M. R.*; Majumder, S.P.; ‘Performance of a CPDM-QPSK Coherent Homodyne Optical Transmission System due to Cross Polarization Effects’, published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library which was presented in International Conference on Computer, Communication, Chemical, Materials, and Electronic Engineering (IC4ME2), on February 8- 9, 2018 at University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh. (DOI: 10.1109/IC4ME2.2018.8465664)
- Choyon, A. K. M.*; Chowdhury, S. M. R.*; Chowdhury R.*; ‘Performance Analysis of a CPDM-QPSK Direct Detection Optical Transmission System under the effects of Cross-Polarization’, published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library which was presented in the ‘International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology (ICASERT)’ on May 3-5, 2019 at East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (DOI: 10.1109/ICASERT.2019.8934494)
- Choyon, A. K. M.*; Chowdhury, S. M. R.*; Chowdhury R.*; 'Performance Analysis of a CPDM 8-QAM Direct Detection Fibre Optic System under the effects of Cross-Polarization', published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library which was presented in 'IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Information, Communication, and Systems (IEEE SPICSCON)', on November 30, 2019 at Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/SPICSCON48833.2019.9065096).
- M.A. Haque*, S.S. Chowdhury*, A. Maksud, J. Hossain*, K. Barua*, R. Rokon*, M.S. Najeeb*, N.I. Hasan*, S. Hossain*, S. Zaman, S.M.R. Chowdhury*, "Traﬃc Sign Detection under Challenging Conditions Using Faster RCNN", published in the International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP-2017)at Beijing, China.
*Authors contributed equally to the publication.
- Choyon, A. K. M.*; Chowdhury, S. M. R.*; Chowdhury, R.*; Taher, K.A.; "Cross-Polarization Induced Crosstalk Impact Analysis on the BER Performance of 100-Gbps CPDM 8-QAM CO-FOC System over Unrepeatered 100-km SSMF Link" published in Results in Optics (Elsevier), 2020, 100012, ISSN 2666-9501.
- Choyon, A. K. M.*; Chowdhury, S. M. R.*; Chowdhury, R.*; "Optimum link distance and BER performance investigation for BPSK RF sub-carrier coherent FSO communication system under strong turbulence" published in International Journal of Science and Technology Research (IJSTR), 2020, volume 9, page 282-7.
*Authors contributed equally to the publication.
For any information pertinent to my class materials, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact me directly on campus. Students are recommended to access the class materials through the associated online class portal.
- Moderator, East West University Telecommunication Club (EWUTC)
- Educational Outreach Coordinator, IEEE ED/SSCS Bangladesh Chapter
- Graduate Member, IEEE, IEEE SPS & IEEE EDS BD Chapter