FacultyFaculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
OfficeExt: 194 || Room No# 244
Master of Education Advanced (TESOL)
University of Wollongong, Australia
MA in ELT
University of Dhaka
B.A. (Hon’s) in English
University of Dhaka
Lecturer, Department of English
ASA University Bangladesh (ASAUB)
Contextual Material Development
Oral Communication and pronunciation
Use of Technology in Teaching English
Recent changes in ELT methodology and its impact in Bangladeshi context.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
Teaching Grammar to the Undergraduate Bangladeshi EFL Learners
- Shanta, S.A. (2016, October). “Empowering ELT Teachers of Bangladesh through Digital Platform” presented paper in BELTA national conference at DSHE, Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Shanta, S.A. (2016, June). “Study of Linguistics can Act as Catalyst for Language Awareness: an observation in the context of Bangladesh” presented paper in the 25th MELTA International Conference, held in Perak, Malaysia.
- Mahmud, S.S., & Shanta,S.A. (2017, February)."A Comparative Study on Flipped Classroom as Performance Enhancer". Presented at the 22nd International Conference of NELTA, Lalitpur,Nepal.
- Shanta,S.A., & Begum, T. (2017, February)."Effectiveness of Home-grown Material in Non-native Speaking Countries". Presented at the 22nd International Conference of NELTA, Lalitpur,Nepal.
3. Shanta,S.A., & Haque, S. (2017, January). 'What in News in Forming/Deforming Identity" presented at the East West National Conference 2017.
English Composition Writing material compilation for the Department of English East West University
Contextual Reading Comprehension material development
University of Wollongong Alumni Association
Australia Awards Scholarship Alumni Association
Networked as Curriculum Developer in collaboration with English for Academic Purposes and Basic Education Programmes, Akita International University (AIU), Chaired by Prof. C. Brown.