FacultyFaculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
OfficeExt: 191 || Room No# 253
- MA in Applied Linguistics and ELT, Department of English, Dhaka University
- BA in English, Dhaka University
Md. Shazed Ul Hoq Khan Abir is a senior lecturer in English at East West University. He has published academic papers on Teaching English in a FL condition, Commercialization of English Language, as well as on Art History; participated in several seminars and engaged in scholarly talks. He has published 5 fictions and a volume of poetry, and has translated Patrick Modiano’s Novel Missing Person into Bengali (2015) and Shahidul Jahir’s novel – Jibon O Rajnoitik Bastobota into English (2019).
1. Lecturer (Full Time), Department of English, University of Asia pacific ( April 17, 2016 - April 29, 2018)
2. Lecturer (Full Time), Department of English, East West University (April 30, 2018 - 6 October, 2020)
3. Senior Lecturer (Full Time), Department of English, East West University ( 7 October, 2020 onwards)
Mr. Shazed's interests include, among others, Ideology, Psychoanalysis and Feminism, Diaspora in South Asian Literature, and Language Learner Motivation in SLA contexts.