USAID-Grants to Support Dalit Rights in Nepal and Bangladesh-Application Assistance-Last date 20th February 2023
Thursday, 29 December 2022
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL) announces an open competition for organizations interested in submitting applications for projects that support religious freedom in Nepal and Bangladesh.
- Award Ceiling: USD 750,000
- Award Floor: USD 750,000
- Period of Performance: 24-36 months
- Program outcomes could include but are not limited to:
- Increased understanding and appreciation among government officials and legal actors of the value and importance of human rights, mutual respect, and inclusion for all persons, regardless of one’s religion, caste, beliefs, or non-belief;
- Government stakeholders and legal actors build working relationships with religious rights activists and community actors, including those from minority religions and castes, belief or non-belief communities;
- Lower caste and Dalit communities are more aware of their rights under the law;
- Communities will have mutual respect for Dalit and other lower caste groups;
- Dalit and lower caste communities will have access to legal tools and services to challenge discrimination and violence against them.
Attachment for Details: