Coronavirus: Prevention and Awareness
WHO has declared the Coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic. EWU has taken it seriously and discussed the issues of prevention and awareness building accordingly. After discussion the following measures have been recommended:
1. If any person of EWU community including outsourced service members working inside the campus feels the symptoms of fever with cough and sneezing, should contact immediately University Medical Officer or call 09666775577 – Ext. 285, 01911397891, 01674008975.
2. Creating an isolation zone at the EWU medical center and keeping one dedicated transport for shifting the patient to hospital.
3. All programs and gatherings (except classes and exams) have been cancelled until further order.
4. Displaying banners / posters in various places of the University for building awareness.
5. Updating the faculty members, staff and students through email regarding the preventive measures taken so far against Coronavirus.
6. Frequent cleaning of all doorknobs, lift buttons, washrooms, stair railings, machines, turnstiles, access control devices, etc.
7. Everybody should maintain personal hygiene to prevent Coronavirus.
8. For recording attendance of EWU administrative staff, thumb scanner will be kept disabled temporarily and alternatively ID/ Proximity card will be enabled and used.
9. All faculty members/ staff / students are advised to avoid bringing guests and visitors at EWU for time being.
10. A dedicated web corner will be created containing Corona virus updates, preventive measures and relevant information. All are requested to kindly visit EWU web site.
Circulated by –
Coronavirus Monitoring Committee
East West University
12 March 2020